Monday 17 May 2010

Copyright

Just a few words regarding the use of images. Please do not use any images on this site without first contact me AND the original poster, the images I use in the posts are the property of other bloggers. Before I put up a post I contact or leave a message to let the blogger know that I will be using a specific post to link to. Every photo in the posts I put together has the name of the original blog and a link back to the original post.

For example, if you wanted to use this image, you should contact me and then follow the link and contact the owner of that blog.

Your link should say something on the lines of...
Working with phonics miniatures by A Bit Of This and A Bit Of That found via The Montessori Goldmine.
In that way, everyone is getting the linky love and credit they deserve.

I do have to resize many of the images I use mainly so that they fit in the frame and also a lot of bloggers use the original file which is too big and heavy. That doesn't change the fact that the image is still the property of the original poster.

I am trying to get the posts scheduled a week in advance so that if someone does not want to be featured I can pull their post before it is published (I couldn't really do that when I was first setting up) but that is the system I am working on now.

In my experience the majority of people are happy for you to link to their site/blog just remember to give credit where credit is due.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,
    Thank you for writing this. It is great how you are finding neat Montessori blog posts and how you are explaining how credit needs to be given. I am mire than happy to share with others information about various Montessori, as well as my two cents on Montessori, but agree with you that anyone who uses a post should give credit to the person who wrote the post.
    You are helping to make Montessori blogs more accessable to others and this is great. But as you know, if folks start lifting photos and blog posts without giving credit, then the various bloggers wil have no choice but to set up each and every post with tons of watermarks and the whole right click thing, and that would be a shame, as then no one gets to share other than via links without photos.
    Thank you very much for shedding light on this.
    Am sure that when it sometimes happens, it might be an oversight but if it happens again, then bloggers will stop sharing.
    As far as the files being too big, one thought is that if you are going to feature a blog, maybe when you contact the person about being featured, maybe they could send you a smaller file that works within your perameters...just a thought. Thank you for featuring me back on April 28th and glad that you plan to feature my blog again this week.
    Have a nice week, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that this is a wonderfully helpful blog, and thanks for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message, if you have asked a question pop back to the same post to see the answer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...